Microsoft Office Setup
The Office is a collection of desktop-productivity applications that offers the ultimate range of services that work best for home, business and even educational users. For accessing the comprehensive and world-class features, you first have to complete the Office Setup. In order to set up the Office applications, you can follow the processes mentioned below.
Minimum System Requirements
Before you begin with the Office Setup, start by making your system compatible with the Office application. Make sure you fulfill all the given system requirements.
Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Mac: Three recent versions of macOS will be supported. This will include, the most recent version along with two immediate previous versions.
Windows: 1.6 GHz or faster, 2-core
Mac: Intel processor
Windows: 4GB RAM; 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
Mac: 4 GB RAM
Windows: 4.0 GB
Mac: 10 GB
How to Download Office Setup File?
Now, begin the Office Setup procedure by downloading the setup file. However, for downloading, you must have to purchase the subscription. For purchasing, visit the official website and purchase the preferred product. Then, follow the below-mentioned procedure for downloading the setup file.
- Open a web browser on your system. You can access any of the browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Further, move to the Office Login window. For this, you have to enter the “Office.com/login” URL in the address bar.
- After that, log in to your Office account. Then, you have to enter the email address and password which are associated with your account. However, if you are a new user and don’t have an account, then you have to tap “Create one”. Further, provide the required profile information.
- This will redirect you to your Office account. On the home screen of your account, you will see your purchased product there.
- To initiate the download process, click the “Install” link provided next to your Office product.
- The download is a time-consuming process, hence you have to wait patiently for the successful completion of the process.
- In the middle of the Download procedure, you might get a popup box for changing the download location. Click the “Browse” tab then choose the preferred location. However, if no popup box displays, then, the file will automatically get saved in the Downloads folder.
How to Install Office Setup File?
- Firstly, open the folder where you have saved the downloaded setup file. In case you have not changed the location, then access the Downloads folder.
- Then, search for your downloaded setup file. Then, proceed further by double-clicking it.
- After that, a Security Warning pop-up will display on your screen. Click the “Run” tab to allow the application to run on your device.
- You might also get a User Account Control prompt asking you to permit the Office setup application to make the necessary changes to your system. In order to grant the permission, click the “Yes” tab.
- This will initiate the process of installation. Your setup file will start installing on your device. It might take a few minutes to get completed. Hence, wait until the process gets completed.
- After the successful completion of the installation process, click the “Close” button. This will take you out of the installation wizard.
- Initiate the Office Setup installation process by accessing the Downloads folder.
- In the folder, locate and double-click the setup file that you just have downloaded.
- After this, you will get the installation wizard on your screen. In the initial window i.e. welcome window. Here, click the “Continue” tab.
- Then, the License Agreement will display on your screen. Read the whole document carefully to know the terms and conditions of the Office. After reading, click the “Continue” tab.
- Further, you can change the installation location by clicking the “Change Install Location” option. Then, select the preferred location.
- Afterwards, to proceed further with the Office Setup process, click the “Install” tab.
- Now, you will get a popup box on your screen. This is to confirm the installation process. For this, enter your Mac administrator username and password. Once you are done with providing the credentials, click the “Install Software” tab.
- This will initiate the installation process. It might take a few minutes to get completed. Hence, wait.
- Once the process gets completed, tap the “Close” button and move out of the installation wizard.
Activate Your Office Setup Subscription
The last step of the Office setup is to Activate your Office subscription. Activation helps you to get access to all the premium features that your subscription is offering. For activation, you must have your activation key code. The activation keycode is a 25 digit alphanumeric character code that identifies your account. In order to get the keycode, you must have the purchased subscription. Then, get the keycode at the following locations:
- In the Confirmation Email
You will get your product key code in the order confirmation mail when you make a purchase from the official website of Office. Mail will be sent to you on the email address which is linked with Office.
- Inside The Purchased Product Box
If you are purchasing your Office subscription from a third party or a retail shop, then you will find a product key card inside the product box. On the key card, your activation code will be printed.
- In the Order History
If you are unable to find your keycode anywhere, then you can find it in your order history. For this, you must have access to your registered account. Hence, sign in to the account and open the order history webpage. Further, hit the “Install Office” option. This will not initiate the installation process but will show you the product key code.
This is how you can have your keycode. Once you have it, you can move further to the activation procedure. For this, follow the procedure given below.
- First and foremost, access any one the Office application of Microsoft Office. For accessing the document, click the icon of any of the applications like Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.
- Then, you have to sign in to your Office account by entering the registered email address and password. Login credentials are case-sensitive, hence, you must be very careful while entering details.
- Further, you will get the License Agreement screen on your system. Make sure you go through the whole document before you proceed further. Once you are done with reading the document, click the “Accept” button to accept the agreement.
- After that, you will get the Activation Wizard on your screen.
- Now, to activate your subscription, you have to select the method of activation that you want to opt for. You can select any from the given options:
- Activate over the internet
- Activate by telephone
It is recommended by Office to select “Activate over the internet” option. In case you select this option, then you will be redirected to a screen to enter the Office product key code. Make sure you enter the code carefully. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Office setup procedure.
However, if you select “Activate by telephone”, then it is advised to follow the on-screen instructions or contact the Customer Care.